FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool
Keep your small animal’s coat smooth, clean and bright with the FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool. The perfectly sized stainless steel blade reaches through the topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair on guinea pigs, rabbits and ferrets without damaging their sensitive skin. If not removed, some small animals may swallow loose hair, which can lead to potentially serious health risks. The gentle brushing action also massages the skin and stimulates the natural production of soothing oils. Its ergonomic grip fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, while the exclusive FURejector releases collected hair easily with the touch of a button.
- Safely and effectively removes loose, dead hair from guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets and other small animals, while stimulating natural oil production.
- Stainless steel deshedding edge reaches deep beneath your pet's topcoat to gently remove undercoat and reduce airborne allergens.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90% and prevents potentially life-threatening hairballs from developing.
- Ergonomic rubberized grip fits easily in the palm of your hand for maximum control and comfort.
- Exclusive FURejector button delivers simple, fast and convenient removal of collected hair to keep the tool clean.
Recommended for shedding breeds only. Avoid using on pets with sensitive skin.
Be sure your pet is completely dry.
The FURminator deShedding Tool will extract an abundance of hair, position your pet in an open area.
With the edge and teeth of the tool angled toward the coat of your pet, GENTLY pull the tool across the coat in the direction of the pet's hair growth. Use the tool like a hair brush and use long, gentle strokes with the tool. Avoid repeated strokes in the same area. Be extra careful near the pet's most sensitive areas (face, stomach, legs, genitals and anus). DO NOT APPLY TOO MUCH WEIGHT OR DOWNWARD PRESSURE as you comb through the pet's coat. Deep or rough brushing can cause the pet's skin to become red and irritated. Pets with sensitive skin may suffer brush burn even with light combing.
If you notice any redness or irritation on your pet's skin, immediately stop using the tool.