Earthborn Holistic Primitive Feline Dry Cat Food (5lb - 14lb)
Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to provide total wellness for both cats and kittens. Cats are true carnivores and so they crave protein from high-quality sources like turkey, chicken, herring, salmon and whitefish. Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to provide this high-protein nutrition with a taste your cat will love. Along with protein, there's a healthy mix of vegetables and fruits, which contain antioxidants important for everyday optimal health. Vitamins and minerals help support your cat's immune system. This grain and gluten-free diet is a healthy alternative and is sure to be one your cat will enjoy.
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Peas, Potatoes, Dried Egg Product, Herring Meal, Salmon Meal, Ground Flaxseed, Pea Fiber, Natural Flavor, Sweet Potatoes, Whitefish Meal, Blueberries, Cranberries, Choline Chloride, Apples, Carrots, Spinach, Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
Feeding Guidelines :
Taking care of your cat's overall health starts by feeding him properly. We suggest using this chart as a guide.
- Adjust amounts accordingly over time. Please remember these portions are averages and will vary according to age, activity, size and temperament of your cat.
- When introducing Primitive Feline™ to your cat's diet, mix increasing amounts of Primitive Feline™ with decreasing amounts of the current food over a one-week period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed two to three times as much food as recommended in the Daily Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult cat.
- Kittens start to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and should have free access to moistened food from this time until weaning (6 - 8 weeks).
- Moistened food should be one part warm water with three parts Primitive Feline™.
- You may keep Primitive Feline™ before your kitten at all times; most kittens will satisfy their nutritional needs as their appetite dictates.
- Have clean, fresh water available at all times.
Cups of Primitive Feline™ to Feed Your Cat Each Day
|Weight of Cat (lbs.)||Cups per Day|
|4 - 6 lbs.||1/4 - 1/3|
|6 - 9 lbs.||1/3 - 2/3|
|9 - 12 lbs.||2/3 - 3/4|
|12 - 15 lbs.||3/4 - 1|
|15 - 20 lbs.||1 - 1-1/2|
Cups of Primitive Feline™ to Feed Your Kitten Each Day
|Age in Months||Cups per Day|
|1-2||1/4 - 1/3|
|2-6||1/3 - 3/4|
|6-12||3/4 - 1|
A standard 8 oz. measuring cup holds approximately 4.8 ounces of Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™.